Thursday, December 4, 2008

WT195 Got Any Envelopes???

Happy Thursday! Thanks for stopping by, I have a fun card to share along with a small tutorial on my technique. I still want to share a video but I have to get a tripod that will hold my camera first. Once I have the tripod, I hope to share videos instead of pictures as they take up to much room and certainly not as fun!! :) If any of you use a tripod and you LOVE it, I would LOVE to know what model you use?!

Today's card is for this weeks Ways to Use it Challenge "WT195" over at Splitcoast. The challenge this week is to use envelopes. You can incorporate one into your design, create an envelope to compliment a card or your maybe your envelope unfolds to reveal a card...anything you'd like as long as there is an envelope involved in some way.




Supplies Needed:
Cutting Mat
Hobby Blade
Ink
Sponges
Paper pieces to create scene












Place your pieces of cut cardstock to create some fun snow hills. Sponge on using some ink to give it some definition.
Sponge on a background, I chose to use Lovely as a Tree.

At this point this is where I applied my giltter. I used a paint brush to add the glue and dusted the areas with the snow glitter by Martha Stewart.

Here is my background piece for my card. I stamped some snowflakes using chocolate chip and did not re-ink for the lighter snowflakes. I then inked a sponge using close to cocoa and pulled the ink towards the piece of cardstock.



Here is the card completed. Please email me if you have any questions and if you create a card using my fun technique, I would LOVE to see it. Post your card link to the comment section here. jdmeyer6@sbcglobal.net


Tomorrow I will annouce the winners for the BIG Christmas Card Giveaway. Have a wonderful day!
Hugs & Smiles,

19 comments:

Chris said...

This is amazingly beautiful!! I love it. :)

Amy Sheffer said...

I love this Jennifer! Great tutorial, too!!

Janna said...

This is really breathtaking! I love how you created the background scene! Very nicely done!

Smiles,

Janna

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is such a spectacular creation! Your scene is amazing. What a fantastic technique.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and envelope Jen! You sure have made some gorgeous cards with that set! I still haven't used mine! I better hurry since Christmas will be over soon....

Unknown said...

Hey there - thanks for the visit!! :) I LOVE your card - the colors and sparkle are just beautiful!! Great tutorial!!

Desire Fourie said...

This is just stunning. Thank you for sharing the tutorial with us. Will have to give this a bash some time. Hugs from Desire

Nancy said...

This is breathtaking! I'm going to have to try that; thanks for the step-by-step.

Something for you on my blog:
http://windstarcreations.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-award.html

Betty J Schaub said...

Jen!!! I love the tutorial on the snow banks! Awesome job. You almost don't even have to read, the picutres are pretty much self explanatory. TFS.

Unknown said...

Oh Jen, this is gorgeous!!
I've got a friend coming up for the weekend and we'll try this while she's here. ;0)
Hugs Viv xx

Svana ValerĂ­a said...

i love how you did the wonderful scene and the snow looks really awesome !!

Joanne said...

It is GORGEOUS! You did a great tutorial too! Beautifully done Jennifer!

Dawn Easton said...

All I can say is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS Jennifer!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card, Jennifer. I love your tutorial. Great job!

Christyne said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! Thanks for the little tutorial. Great job!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GAWD!! This is just jaw-dropping!! I am speechless! Thanks for sharing your technique and your beautiful work!!

Hugs!

Vicki G said...

Good Grief Jen!

This is beautiful!

have a great weekend,

Vicki

Tammi said...

TFS how you did the snow, beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jennifer! What an absolutely gorgeous card and a fantastic demonstration of your technique! Oh, my goodness--the way your placed your trees to provide a frame for your skaters and used that fabulous snow glitter - WOW! An over-the-top BEAUTIFUL card! I love your blog and all your projects but, of course, I might have mentioned that before. Happy Holidays!