Friday, January 29, 2010

Starbucks Cookie Holder - Project & Tutorial

Hello & thanks for stopping by!! Before I begin with my tutorial, I would just like to tell you that Starbucks is making it easy for you to donate to Haiti Earthquake Relief effort. Walk into any Starbucks stores across the U.S. and Canada, No purchase is necessary, and 100% of the donations will go to the Red Cross. You can even donate with your loaded Starbucks Card. The Starbucks Foundation will join your support by donating one million dollars (U.S.) to the American Red Cross in support of this effort.

Now grab your coffee, tea, hot chocolate and let's get started...

I am making my project for my dad, he is having surgery today on his left hand. A few months ago he had surgery on his right hand for carpal tunnel and now he is getting his left hand done. So to cheer him up, I made him a fun treat! While I was at Starbucks the other day, I noticed some parfaits filled in the SB cups and thought of this fun idea. So before I left, I asked for some cups and filled them up with homemade cookies. Attached to the project, I added a Starbucks gift card.

Cookie recipe/Toll House Cookie recipe:
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups of Nestle Toll House - Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • 1 cup chopped nuts
Here are the instructions for my Starbucks Cookie Holder:






Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, if you make one of these, be sure to link it here so I can check it out! Have a wonderful weekend, see you tomorrow with my OCC sample!

12 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is really nice, Jennifer! What a neat idea. Good luck to your dad today and hope all goes well and a fast recovery!

Rose said...

fantastic tut!! and those cookies look so yummy!! pray all goes well for your father and he heals quickly :)

Shantaie said...

so sweet of you to make homemade cookies for your Dad, I hope all goes well during his recovery.
Thanks for the tutorial...I will be trying this soon :)

Kim said...

Jennifer this is absolutely ADORABLE! What a fun present for your Dad! I hope surgery went well! Poor Papa!!! Sending lots of Get Well Wishes to him for a speedy recovery! Thanks for the GREAT tutorial! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for the heads up about Starbucks! What a fun project too...I might have to try this one!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

This is way too cute...what a clever idea!!! And thanks for the info on Donations for Haiti!! That makes it really easy and we can trust Starbucks!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

very cool!

DeniseB said...

Great project! Thanks for the tutorial.
DeniseB

Elizabeth said...

This is so cute! Found you on Craft Gossip! Thanks for sharing the tutorial too, I'll have to give it a try :)

- missimagination.com

iPhone App Developer said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around routine.

iPhone Application Developers said...

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me, you give me best information indeed! Thanks, very good post

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog
and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!

Here is my web page; ford ranger