Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stamps and Smiles - Carrot Basket

Hello & thanks for stopping by! Today's card & project were created for a fun NEW challenge over at The Pink Elephant. Every Monday a NEW challenge is posted PLUS they have wonderful prizes to offer!! This week it's a theme challenge - Easter. Create anything you wish: a card, project, scrap page, altered item, ect...

For my project I created a 7" x 7" square and scored it at 1.5". The corners were scored and folded. I then punched out a hole in each of the corners and tied the corners with some ribbon. The handle was created using a strip of cardstock that measured 2.5" x 8.5". A border was added using the eyelet border punch by Stampin' Up! I then layered a strip of bashful blue and delicate dots designer paper by Stampin' Up!. For some extra detail on the handle of the basket, I stamped out a pair carrots using the Mama Bunny Loves Me stamp set by Stamps and Smiles.
I then created this quick card that measures 4.25 x 4.25. This adorable bunny is from the Sleepy Bunny set by Stamps and Smiles. The image was stamped in memento ink and colored in using my Copics.

Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow, I have another fun card to show all of you. Until then, enjoy your week!

15 comments:

Annie said...

Jennifer this is absolutely adorable and the sleeping bunny is one of my favourite images in your collection. Well they are all lovely but a sleeping bunny is a bit like a sleeping baby you can't help but love it.

Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sophia said...

Loving that little basket, too sweet!

LORi said...

Oh Jennifer!! Your basket and card are just adorable!! I may have to case that precious basket.

Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!!
LORi BOYD

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Jennifer you did a fabulous job ont hat card and basket. The DP is sheer perfection and I adore the little carrots. You amaze me every day.

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet Jen and Sleep Bunny is so precious. Hugs Cindy

Kim said...

Your basket is absolutely adorable and I love that precious sleeping bunny :)

Unknown said...

jennifer...this is cute, cute, cute! love the little basket, and the card looks great with it, too! awesome job, kiddo!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Jennifer this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love this basket. I'm going to have to make one of those. I love the way you tied the corners and the way you put the border punch around the handle. Marvelous!! Matching card with Sleepy Bunny is beautiful too. Sleepy Bunny is a precious stamp. My favorite. Great job on both girlfriend.

Robin said...

This basket is so cute and the card is absolutely adorable. I love that sleepin bunny!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!!!

Crystal said...

Adorable ! Just found your blog and have enjoyed what you have posted .

Trudi said...

Love that basket Jennifer! Your cards & projects always amaze me, you do such beautiful work. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE

~Lori Roop said...

Both are adorable!! TFP!

~Lori R (TPE)

Ila said...

Gorgeous card!!...that little bunny is just the Cutest!!...Hugs, Ila

Angela said...

How sweet is that little sleeping bunny. Love the colors too. The basket is just tooo cute.

Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Carol said...

This is adorable Jennifer! love the carrots on his blankie :)
Thanks for playing along with us...
Hugs
Carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/