Saturday, December 27, 2008

OCC - Clear Thinking

Hello and thanks for stopping by! I hope all of you enjoyed your Christmas and had a wonderful time with your loved ones! It always goes by so fast and now it seems like its one giant toy mess! LOL :)

Today's project is for this weeks challenge over at Our Creative Corner. I created another fun double-pocket bag with a heart shaker and it's filled with confetti hearts and glitter. Our December host Julee Tilman has challenge all of us to using something clear on either a card or project. It can be anything you want – an acetate card or shaker, an acrylic shape, a clear button or embellishment, clear embossing powder, cello bag, etc.

We LOVE it when you play along, remember there is no time limit on our challenges - feel free to participate whenever you are able. To play along, upload your creation to your blog or gallery, then leave us a comment linking to your project so we can check it out. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: OCCC
Here is a close-up of my project - I used my heart Nestabilities to create the window for my heart shaker. For the confetti inside, I created a ton of hearts using my NEW Martha Stewart heart Punch (Pictured Below) along with a little Snow Glitter.
This is how I created the heart shaker - I used my scalloped heart Nestabilities on one side of the bag and ran it through several times until the die went through all of the layers.
I added mounting tape around the heart and filled the inside of the heart with three different colors of hearts. To make it a little more fun, I even added some of my Martha Stewart Snow Glitter. Once your heart is filled, carefully remove the backing to the adhesive. Then use a piece of designer paper and cover the heart.
Once the shaker is complete, you can add your holes for the ribbon handles. Fill you bag with cards, candy or even little fun LOVE notes... :)
Don't forget to check out Our Creative Corner for more samples and inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to see all of you wonderful cards/project playing along with Our Creative Corner! :)

12 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Very pretty! What a lovely gift bag.

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Jennifer!!! Thanks for the heads up on that punch, looks like I'm going to hit the stores today! lol

Vicki G said...

So sweet Jen! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy new Year to you and yours!!!!

Vicki

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, Jennifer, this is just too cute! I love that little confetti heart punch!

Svana ValerĂ­a said...

Jen you just make the cutest things !!! this makes me whant the heart nesties :)
hope youre holliday was good to you and youre family

Lynda Benden said...

This is too cute Jen! What a fun and creative idea! The little tiny hearts and glitter look great!

Anonymous said...

I've got to get to Michel's and get that punch (hope you didn't take the last one!!) You are so darn creative!! Pam :)

Denise Marzec said...

Cool shaker! The little hearts are adorable.

Nancy Jensen said...

I love this little bag! You are so creative! Thank you for writing the tutorial. :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Jen - this is so, so adorable. I love the papers and the little hearts. Great idea for the CLEAR challenge!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer - this is sooo beautiful!!! I so need to look for this MS punch - I love it!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Jen this is so so pretty. Happy Birthday, my friend.