Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SC216 You are Egg-tra-special

Happy Wednesday... Thanks for stopping by!! Today's card is for this weeks Sketch Challenge "SC216". Since I have been super busy, I took a little time off to stamp today's challenge over at Splitcoast. Looking through all of my paper, I noticed I have extra SU prints pack, so I decided to use some of the colors up. These colors (Wild Wasabi, Real Red & Apricot Appeal) are out of my comfort zone, but really seem to work with the card and the layout.

Since I LOVE chocolate, I of course had to add some chocolate chip cardstock and this awesome ribbon from Stampin' Up! The adorable image from Stampin' Up is from Stampin' Up! called A Good Egg. After I stamped the chick on the white cardstock, I stamped it again on apricot appeal and cut it out. I then layered the cut out image onto the white cardstock. The image was stamped again onto the red polka dot paper and the shell was cut out. I then layered the shell right onto the chick and popped it up using Stampin' Up! dimensionals.

Want to see some more samples using this wonderful sketch, click on this link and it will take you to the Splitcoast challenge gallery.

Before I go, I would like to announce the winner for the Twitterpated paper samples. Congratulations to Jenny Gropp from One Krafty Kat, please email me your addy so I can get your goodies out to you. jdmeyer6@sbcglobal.net

Please stop by tomorrow, I will have another fun card to share using more paper from the Twitterpated collection.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is ALOT of cutting, but how adorable!! Love the colors. Pam S :)

Tina said...

OMG this is just adorable i love the colours and that cute little chickadee.. those SU prints look soooooo scrumptious... Crafty Hugs Tina x

Unknown said...

This is such a 'tweet' card Jennifer. The colours are amazing together. Happy Thursday!
Hugs Viv xxx

Sophia said...

Love it, too sweet...

The Crafty Den said...

What a super cute card, I love the little chickie. Gorgeous colours. Have a great day. Hugs, Denise x

Jenn said...

Very cute little chickie! TFS!

Kim said...

Adorable chickie Jennifer! Glad you had some time to 'relax' from your busy schedule and play. The colors look great together! Thanks for reminding me of all my prints packs too:)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Jenny on winning that sweet papaer!!!

Char in So Cal

Lisa Foster said...

How darling, Jennifer!!! WOW! Love these colors! Fantastic job on this sketch...You're such a good egg :) {Hugs}

Vicki G said...

Such a sweet sweet card. Love the mix of DP's!

Vicki

Stamp and Smile said...

O' I LOVE your card! I have this set and I might just have to chase!! Such cute color mix and the scallops are perfect.. TFS! :)