Saturday, December 19, 2009

OCC Challenge - Snowflakes

Hello & thanks for stopping by! Can you believe it's only 6 day's until Christmas?!?! My children are reminding us every few hours!! My sample today is for this weeks challenge over at Our Creative Corner. This week our December host, Jenny Gropp, has created a snowflake challenge. Snowflake stamps, paper or embellishments - anything with snowflakes. We warmly invite you to play along, feel free to use your favorite stamps and supplies.

For my sample, I cased a card I found in Bloggerland by Natasha Zandbergen - Inking Out of the Box. Natasha has some beautiful cards and projects, be sure to stop by for some fun holiday inspiration - please tell her that Jennifer sent you!! :)

For my sample, I used a NEW set by SU called Serene Snowflakes. Since I LOVE snowflakes, I had to have this set!! As you can see by Natasha's design, I changed it just a bit. I used kraft, chocolate chip and white cardstock. The snowflakes background was stamped using close to cocoa and chocolate chip ink. Some of the snowflakes were double stamped to give it a softer glow. Once of all of the pieces were added together I added my tag sentiment and a large snowflake. I then added glue and some fun clear chunky glitter by Martha Stewart.

Thanks so much for stopping by, please don't forget to visit the OCC, the Design Team have put together some wonderful samples to help inspire you for the holidays! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs & Smiles...

17 comments:

Do What You Love said...

Hi Jennifer, this is such a beautiful card. I love that paper and the snowflake border is just awesome. This is really awesome. ;D

Lori Rider said...

This is gorgeous, Jennifer - I love the vintage look to it. Those Serene Snowflakes are so pretty and your soft colors work really well with them. Beautiful additions of the punched border and glitter!

Mrs B said...

Jennifer, I love this card! I love the vintage look about it!
CindyB

Rose said...

Jennifer this is stunning! love the snowflake stamps and all the sparkel. and Mrs B is right it does look vintage :) have a great weekend and stay warm.

Natasha Zandbergen said...

I love the different color scheme you chose! Thanks for the compliment of CASEing my card! Have a wonderful holiday season.
Hugs from Canada, Natasha

Kim said...

Jennifer this is STUNNING Girl! WOW what a beauty! This is so gorgeous!
Hugs~ Kim

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I'm really loving these kraft/brown vintage style cards with the chunky glitter that you have been making the past few weeks, Jennifer! This is gorgeous and the scoring really adds a special touch.

Christmas {{{hugs}}} to you!

LorettaL said...

Gorgeous, Jennifer! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous case - Jennifer!!! I love how you made it *yours* with the different colors and the added sparkles!!!

Happy Holidays!!! Hugs ~S~

Emily said...

Jennifer! You have been blowing my mind with the cards you've come up with lately! I love, love, love this one and the great old fashioned look you gave it! It looks like a piece of chocolate heaven and that chunky glitter is just the right touch:)) Yummy!!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

So, so beautiful, Jennifer...I absolutely LOVE the colors and the crystal-ly border!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Melissa said...

You do "frosted" so well! I love the colors and the stamps you chose! As always, it's a sweet treat to stop by!

Hanne said...

Beautiful card! Lovely embossing!

Wendy J. said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer! I love your chunky glitter...it's gives that fabulous snow effect! Merry Christmas!

Mary Marsh said...

I really like this card. My faves this year were all the cards with non-traditional colors

Jenny Gropp said...

Love the rich warm tones and the frosty edging! beautifully done!!!

shulsart said...

Jennifer, this is just lovely. I really like the brown with the snowflakes and gotta love all that chunky glitter. I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family and wish you health and happiness in the New Year.