Saturday, May 30, 2009

OCC - Sketch Challenge

Hello and thanks for stopping by! Today’s card is for this week’s challenge over at Our Creative Corner. Our challenge this week is a sketch challenge.

For my design, I decided to use Carl the Cupcake by Stamps and Smiles. We have a bunch of birthdays coming up so I am trying to get a few cards done and out of the way. My card was pieced together using extra scraps (YEA). The background paper is from Imaginisce and after I cut out the balloons, I added a little glue and sprinkled on some more of this chunky glitter by Martha Stewart. The image was colored in using my Copics and I added more of the chunky glitter to his whip.

There is no time limit on our challenge, so please play along whenever you are able!! However to be eligible for the Stamps and Smiles giveaway, please have your card uploaded to the OCC blog by Friday, June 5th before 6 pm central.

Enjoy your weekend, we have graduation parties to go too and possibly a quick trip to Brookfield zoo - My little guy wants to see the dinosaur exhibit.

Hugs,

20 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very cute,love the fabulous design and colours!!!
xx

StampOwl said...

super cute Jennifer

StampOwl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
StampOwl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki G said...

That is just the sweetest confection Jennifer!!! Love the colours and the sparkly Balloons!

Silke Ledlow said...

Very cute card - Jennifer!!!

Chris said...

Love those balloons! Your little cupcakes are so cute. :)

LorettaL said...

cute card, Jennifer!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super sweet Jen!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the lay out and the GLITTER, all in the right places!! Have a great weekend! Pam :)

Anonymous said...

How cute, Jennifer! I love how Carl is holding the balloon strings!!
Have fun at the zoo!

Stacy said...

Adorable!!! Love the ballons!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Absolutely wonderful, as always! Those balloons are fantastic!!
Hugs!!

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Carl is scruptious as all your cards always are!!! Have fun at your parties and I hope ya get to the zoo :)

Lisa Foster said...

It doesn't get any cuter than this! I love your card! Fun sketch too! Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours, cute as ever Carl and it all comes together beautifully!
Have a great time at the exhibit.
Hugs Viv xx

Jenny Gropp said...

Ahaaaa -- chunky glitter by Martha -- gonna have to get that-- it is the perfect addition to your cupcakes!!!

Vickilyn said...

I love Carl!! (who doesn't love a cupcake!!) I might try that Martha Stewart glitter when I run out of my diamond dust! Those balloons are just the BEST!

Diana said...

This is gorgeous!!!!!!! I love the colors and sparkles!

I have a question for you. I always love the SAS sketches. I was wondering if you by any chance have them saved to a file somewhere or something so I can print them out and use them for inspiration whenever I'm having trouble?

Please & Thanks!
diana