Saturday, March 6, 2010

OCC Sketch Challenge - Chocolate Bunny

Happy Saturday & thanks for stopping by! Today's sample is for this week's sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner. This week our March host, Silke Ledlow, has challenge the OCC to a fun sketch layout. Everyone is welcome to play along, feel free to use your favorite stamps and supplies.

Since Easter is right around the corner, I used this NEW stamp by SU called Chocolate Bunny. After creating my card layout, I then embossed the bunny on close to cocoa cardstock using brown embossing powder. To finish it off, I added the pink ribbon.

Here is a close-up of the background of the card. I embossed both the pink & the white cardstock using the Sizzix embossing plates. I really tried to keep it simple so it would not take away from the chocolate bunny! Here is the sketch layout if you would like to give it a try! Don't for get to stop by Our Creative Corner to see the other samples by the Design Team.

Have a fun weekend!

19 comments:

Tasha said...

This is such a beautiful card, i love the chocolate bunny idea and the soft pink looks lovely with the bunny image
love tasha xx

Jenny Gropp said...

Really beautiful, love the dark chocolate with the soft colors -- beautifully done, Jennifer!!! Grass punch was the perfect touch!!

Lori Rider said...

This is one of the best cards with this bunny that I've seen so far - I love it! The grass is really wonderful and I love the dot BG panels. Super sweet!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

MMMMMM....yummy creation, Jennifer!!! Love the flower/flourish detail!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is a very eye catching creation...great job!

Simone said...

Very cute card! Fabulous! I love this color combination!
Simone

Silke Ledlow said...

Jennifer this is a GORGEOUS take on the Sketch!!! Love that you turned it into an Easter card!!! The colors are so yummy too!!! Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Rose said...

Jennifer this is a FANTASTIC card!! LOVE the bunny and how you kept it simple :)

Luv 2 Create said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcie said...

Jennifer,

Your bunny looks so real, you just want to dive in and eat him up. Way to cute.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oooohh, fabulous Jennifer! The bunny looks amazing embossed like that. I love all the texture and dimension on your card. Great job!

Kathy W said...

Very cool card. Love the chocolate bunny in the grass. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

Yummy Jennifer! That bunny looks good enough to eat! Great card! I actually thought you had added a real chocolate bunny to the card. Hugs Lori

shannon said...

I love the pretty soft colors of your card! that chocolate bunny is awesome!

LorettaL said...

Jennifer, I love your chocolate bunny scene!

Anonymous said...

That is one pretty card!! I have that stamp and I am hoping to make my card as pretty as your's!!!!
Patricia

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

What an adorable and pretty card, Jennifer!!! Gee, I don't know how I lost touch with you and your blog, but it happened, and I love your work! Got you in my blogroll now, though, so, hopefully, that won't happen, again. Now I see you have a digi image store! Way to go!
Have a great day!

Laurel said...

This is so darn cute!

Wendy J. said...

Oh Jennifer, this is just so clean and cute! I love the colors together. Such perfect details! Love it!